Monday 25 June 2007

Drowning'em in Uppingham

Yesterday afternoon was spent dodging rain drops at the Uppingham Feast in Rutland.
Depsite the rain there was a good turnout and althoug a few stalls pulled out, the event was still attended by a good mix.Highlight of the day - Hog Roast butties that took two hands to hold!

Fruitcake of the day? The self published author who wanted to do exchnages with my colleague John Nowell but when directed to John's daughter to sort out a 'swap' threw a wobbly about how eveil women are and stormed off with books tucked under his arm. Hmmm - I guess it takes all sorts but I can't help thinking you may damage your readership by excluding 50% of the planet!

I'm expecting the author copy of SHimmering this week. All being well (no reason why it shouldn't be) we will then be full steam ahead and I can order up some copies for those waiting and the book will be listed on the internet sites and with Nielsens for book store orders.

Taff

No comments: