Thursday 14 June 2007

Covers and Signings

Another step closer as another task is ticked off the list.
The updated cover for Shimmering was sent to me yesterday and I have approved the modified version. The cover and main body PDFs now go for final print and an initial sample copy of Shimmering will be posted to me in the next week or so.
My expectation will be that all will be well and if so then it is just a case of giving my approval and the book will be released to Amazon and other online sources and I will also be able to arrange UK printing for my own stock.

I've spent the last few days trying to line up some signings and shows around East Midlands and East Anglia as well as a UK book launch tour and a handful of school visits. I'll add these dates later and hopefully will see you at one of the events :-)

I have also written to a few local radio stations to ask about interviews in line with the launch of Shimmering and I have offered to speak about my books and the processes of writing, self publishing and PoD (print on Demand)

To help supplement my earnings (writing doesn't yet pay the bills), I have also taken steps to start up my own IT support company, LITES PC, to help Home and Small Businesses with their PC problems as well as providing training and web site design services at an affordbale rate (see www.litespc.co.uk). Hopefully the combination of these two, coupled with my new role as an adult tutor for Lincs Lifelong Learning, will allow me to pay the bills and yet free up time for me to write and publish book three of the Chronicles.

More soon but Shimmering is finally popping it's head over the publishing horizon!

taff

No comments: