Monday 16 March 2009

Feedback from Thomas Deacon Academy

Often, after doing talks and workshops at schools and other institutions, you are left wondering if the audience found the talk interesting and entertaining or whether you simply bored the pants off them. Earlier today I received feedback from the Thomas Deacon Academy in Peterborough regarding the reaction of their year 8 students to my recent visit.

My thanks to The Acadamy for providing this as it is extremely helpful (and in this case reassuring).

For those interested I have included the feedback here (good and bad bits)

Taff

Did you enjoy the Taff Lovesey visit?
13% No 87% Yes

What did you learn?
That you have to check the mistakes
I learnt about where authors get inspiration from.
I learnt that I could make a book.
Makes me want to read more books
I learned I could make a book and publish it for free: D
I learnt about how to publish books.
That you can be inspired by absolutely anything
I loved many different things, especially that I can write story and improved my confidence to do that.
I learned a lot how to write books and how to get inspiration from
That’s it really easy to write a book as long as you put your mind to it

What did you love?
I loved nothing
I didn’t really love anything.
I loved not a lot
Makes me want to read more books
I liked the books he wrote.
All of it!
The bit were he shown us how to get inspired with the smiley faces

What did you hate?
I hated nothing
And I didn’t hate anything either.
I didn’t hate it
I hated everything
EVERYTHING
mmmmm nothing!
The part where the author just went on talking for ages (no offence)
Nothing

Did you know we still have some of Taff’s books you can borrow from the MRC?
yep!
Yes
Yeah I already knew that but I don’t really want to read one.

No comments: