Wednesday 11 July 2007

Smacked legs and apologies...

...as I've neglected my blog over the past few days.
Things have been fairly manic.
Shimmering is now out there and has already been selling fast and I have been busy signing and mailing copies to complete orders. Thanks to everyone for the support :-)
On top of this I have had a few school visits, attended the Peterborough Myths and Legends and had a few IT jobs to take care of.
The Myths and Legends was a little disappointing from a sales perspective and plans to read sections of the books had to be shelved as the main stage was damaged and the replacement stage was built right next to our marquee. I could have done a reading but it would have had to be for lip readers only. LOL
Still, it was a nice day, both from a festival viewpoint and weather wise and at least I got to buy a real German bratwurst (one of my favourite foods).
Today was spent with the teachers and students of John Mansfield Secondary School as one of the visiting authors for their literacy day. I did readings and discussed writing and publishing with six groups of year 7 students and both students and teachers made me feel welcome.
I have a day at home tomorrow so finally time to catch up on a stack of admin stuff that needs sorting and answering a few outstanding emails.
Thanks again to everyone for the support.

taff

No comments: