Monday 28 May 2007

Slight delay In Shimmering due to re-formatting

I shall refrain from using any swear words!
Unknown to me the process for creating the print ready version of the book cannot handle MS Word tables so the first digital review failed. I have now removed the tables and re-submitted the document but this will delay the availability of The Shimmering Gate but a couple of weeks so we are now looking at the back end of June/early July.

That is a little disappointing and frustrating but a lesson learned for me not to use MS Word tables in future! (please note that if you are also looking at PoD publishing)

The offending table was used for a glossary at the back of the book which is even more annoying as I didn't really need to include this. Ah well - you live and learn.

So my apologies to those of you eagerly awaiting the book but we are nearly there now and I am just waiting for the first digital review copy to come through after formatting.

taff

No comments: